Porsche Battery Service Near Newport Beach
Routine maintenance is a major part of vehicle ownership. It’s vital to keep a close watch on the different components that make up your vehicle, to ensure that they’re in tiptop shape. One of the components that’s especially important to keep an eye on is the battery. The battery in your vehicle supplies the necessary current to the starter motor and the ignition system while cranking to start the engine. Without a properly working battery, your Porsche will fail to start when you turn the key.
To make sure that your car’s battery is in the right condition, make sure that the connections are clean, tight, and corrosion-free. Batteries don’t always give warning signs before they fail; at Porsche Riverside, we suggest replacing batteries that are over three years old.
For more information, call 951-441-6195 to schedule a service appointment at Porsche Riverside today!
- Head southeast on Via Oporto toward Via Lido
- Turn right onto Via Lido
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Newport Blvd
- Keep left to continue on CA-55 N
- Merge onto CA-91 E
- Take the Adams St/Auto Center Dr exit
- Turn right onto Adams St
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Indiana Ave
- Porsche Riverside will be on the right
“I drive in from Rancho Cucamonga, having first consulted many local independent shops here to do maintenance and modification work. It is an absolute pleasure to drive about 60 miles to Porsche Riverside to benefit from great customer service, notably my service advisor and the chief technician who makes my car like new! Great job guys!” – DealerRater user
“I had a Porsche that hit a rock that did major damage to the engine and required a new transmission. the Service Manager and the tech bent over backward with the insurance adjuster to make everything perfect.” – DealerRater user
How to Jump Start a Car
If your vehicle’s battery fails, follow these steps:
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in “park” or “neutral” with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle’s battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle’s battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car – make sure that it isn’t near the carburetor or the battery
- Try starting your vehicle
After performing each of these steps, your vehicle should start. If it doesn’t, it’s time to buy a new battery.
The service technicians at our Porsche service center serving Newport Beach can help you choose a replacement battery that’s right for your specific Porsche model, and can even handle the battery installation! For more information about the battery in your vehicle or to schedule a service appointment with us, visit Porsche Riverside or give us a call at 951-441-6195.